Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Patrick's Day

Three years ago I was sitting next to a good friend eating corned beef and cabbage and decided to send a text to the man who was becoming my friend; I didn't know with what joy he received it, how he showed it to his friends, and how he pulled up my website and said to his parents, "This is the girl I'm going to marry someday."

Three years later, we are making breakfast together, bumping happily into each other and waltzing while the coffee brewed. Our precious daughter kicks and coos nearby. We have three years of life lived intensely behind us and a whole lifetime ahead.

What a gift is true love, how rare, and how priceless. Dear M., I treasure you with every particle of my being and anticipate learning to love you more deeply every day for the rest of my life.

Happy Saint Paddy's Day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

precious!

Sarah Schwarz said...

We're so happy for you, for your true love, and for your new love!!! You look and sound so totally happy.....what a blessing to have such peace and joy!! We thoroughly enjoy your blog and look forward to your posts :D

emily.mcintyre said...

Thank you both. We are indeed blessed! Hope both of you had a splendid St. Paddy's.