Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Yearning for Home

“If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.” -C.S. Lewis


In that shadowy moment when my heart cries for something inexpressible, for experience I cannot name, I remember that I must be yearning for home. In the sweet breath between sleeping and waking, when the edges of my consciousness fog into a greater being, I remember that I must be yearning for home. In the strange ecstasy and passion of life, when I partake of emotion far beyond me, I remember that I must be yearning for home.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Lovely post, dear. And considering the beauty and sweetness in this life and world, what must that home be like! Reminds me of the song we used to sing--"Beulah Land, I'm longing for you..."

Leslie said...

Love the picture, too :-)